Friday, May 15, 2009

Show your support, lend a hand...

Okay readers, you know that I don't ask for much. The occasional picture of something you've created with my patterns. Other than that, I'm not too demanding, right? Well, there's an event coming up next week that's pretty close to my heart so I thought I'd put out a little request for some help from my loyal readers.

Next Friday my boyfriend, who is both wise and witty, is taking part in the Canadian Cancer Society's Relay for Life. School prevents me from participating, but I'm supporting the team morally and with my financial donation. For those unfamiliar with the event, it's a twelve hour relay in which team members take turns walking around a track. Each team member is sponsored through monetary donations and those donations go towards cancer research, prevention, and support for cancer patients and their families. I think the Canadian Cancer Society is an incredible organization and they've done a lot to help friends and members of our family.

So how can you help? Take a moment and stop by my boyfriend's Relay for Life page and make a donation in any amount you feel comfortable with. Hesistant? Maybe you don't live in Canada? Maybe you think it's a little weird to make a donation supporting someone you've never met? Those are good arguements, so I've come up with a list of reasons that might persuade you to donate:

  • The Canadian Cancer Society is a great organization and every little bit helps people in need. 
  • You enjoy reading Cthulhu Crochet and Cousins. Remember this site is a labour of love. I don't make any profit from it. 
  • You appreciate that Cthulhu Crochet and Cousins is ad free. 
  • You've used the free patterns provided on Cthulhu Crochet and Cousins.
  •  I've shown pictures of a cool thing you made or promoted your blog or Etsy shop in one of my posts. 
  • You want to take advantage of one of the free gifts my boyfriend is offering over on SF Kapow!
  • "Our world is an English Village!" (Sorry, I've been rewatching The Jane Austen Book Club) With the connections we can make through the internet we're all neighbours. So why not help each other out?
Okay, thus ends the public service announcement. If you're feeling motivated, follow the link and make a donation. 

We now return to our regularly scheduled crochet and crafty talk. Since the daffodil is the symbol of the Canadian Cancer Society I figured a vase of crochet daffodils would be a suitable addition to this post. Check out the free pattern availabe from PlanetJune. Enjoy!

No comments: